Site Features

Mohawk Council of Kahnawá:keTsi nahò:ten kahiatónnion a'arákonEnsaié:nawaseOnhkharéhson Aionkhihsnoé:nen
Tsi Ietsenhaientáhkhwa
Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke
KTV on Facebook MCK on Twitter Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke
Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke

Ronateríhonte ne Ohóntsa Aorihwà:ke

Land Management Department

Ohontsa’shón:’a Tkaiatakwe’niiò:keThe Land Management office is responsible for providing land-related services and transaction functions to Kahnawa’kehró:non, Community Organizations and to the Mohawk Council of Kahnawá:ke.  Land Management ensures the Land Allotment Policy is applied with quality assurance practices and also implements new policies.  The commercial Land Use Policy is presently in the process of implementation, soon to be added as a service.

- Land Alotment Policy


Land Management provides information related to landowners, lot information, maps and aerial photos of Kahnawá:ke, in order to provide land assessments. The department also provides the following services related to the management of lands within Kahnawá:ke. 

  • Land Transfers – When a person wants to buy, sell or give property to someone else.
  • Sub-Division – When a person wants to buy, sell or give a Portion of his or her property to someone else.
  • Agreement of Division – When all individuals who hold an interest in a piece of property agree to divide the property.
  • Land Agreements - A Right a Way (R/W) agreement is used when an individual provides access through their land in order for another landowner to obtain legal access to their land.
  • Land Use Agreements – When an Individual requests the use of Common Land for access, events,etc.
  • Maps – Provides copies of official plans, maps and Aerial Photo’s.
  • Site Inspections - Land Officers will conduct a site visit to locate and identify property pins.
  • Parcel Histories – Provides information on History, Land Subdivisions & Mapping.
  • Survey Information – A field Survey is when a legal surveyor is hired to survey a lot to place pins in order to identify the boundaries.  Information on legal surveyors in our area can be obtained through our office.
  • Land Allotment Applications – Kahnawa’kehró:non  who do not own land and want to construct a home, can apply for a land allotment.  The Land allotment policy and applications are available at the Lands Unit.
  • Film Permits – Film permit applications and permits are issued through the Land management Department for all filming within Kahnawá:ke.
  • Commercial Land Use Policy – This policy will be in effect in the near future.  The Mohawk Council of Kahnawá:ke has designated certain parcels of land to be used for commercial purposes; community members will be able to access these lands for a business.

Click here to view the Land Management Brochure

The Lands Unit is located off the river road in front of Kateri School (2nd floor).


  • General Manager of Land Management
  • Land Management Administrative Assistant
  • Lands Records Clerk
  • Land Management Officers (3)
  • Land Allotment Administrator



Orihwató:ken Tká:ra’s